Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Custom Aprons for the Two Sisters Juice Company

Awhile back the Craft Mafia manned the DIY craft booth at the Pompano Beach Uncorked event.  We also had our merchandise up for sale.  The booth directly across from us was the Two Sisters Juice Company and one of the sisters kept coming over and trying on this apron,
She must have tried it on 5 times throughout the night.  We got to talking about aprons and what she loved about this one.  At the time, she and her sister were wearing matching white aprons that are the standard apron but had some citrus print fabric appliqued to the top of it.  I told her that I could get that same fabric and create an apron similar to the Pin Up one that she loved, but with the juicy fabric.  We worked out all the details, exchanged info and I showed up at the next Pompano Beach Uncorked event with a pair of sexy juicy aprons for them.
It was a crazy week for me prior to the event, my Grandma passed away and I had to fly up to Nashville for the funeral then as soon as I returned, everyone in my house was sick.  Luckily I'd finished the aprons early so I was still able to deliver on time. 
Not everyone notices these details so I like to point them out, see how the fabric pattern matches up on the pockets????
Both of the aprons are identical.  Both have juicy fabric for the skirt (reversible of course) and white on top.  One side has an orange and yellow yo-yo and the other has a yellow on yellow yo-yo.
Because of the difference in mannequin style, the aprons look slightly different, even though they are the same.  I guess this is a good indicator of how the same item will look different on different body types. 
When I delivered the aprons, it was crazy busy and these ladies were busy busy selling and sampling out loads of juice so I only had a chance to snap this one quick pic
-Shelley

No comments: