Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stitch Rock success

Here are a couple of pics of my booth at Stitch Rock (pre-show)

This picture (below) I stole from the New Times Broward slideshow (go here for the full slideshow), I had a great time all day trying on the super-hero aprons (and making my customers do it too!) and I'm so bummed that I ruined the cape leaving the show.  The awesome Wonder Woman apron went home to its new home of a customer, but I was planning to put the cape up on Etsy this week just in time for Halloween but in all the breakdown/packing/loading hoopla after the show, I ripped the cape :(  Don't think it was shoddy sewing either... I actually ripped through the fabric.
Sum up of the show:
This was my first year at Stitch Rock as a vendor and I think things went really well.  Last year, as a customer, I felt like things were cramped and squishy and it was difficult to get to some places.  This year, they had a big giant tent outside with more vendors spread out all over the place.  I didn't feel that it was cramped at all.  I was upstairs.  I've talked to some vendors that think upstairs is awful, but I loved it up there.  I had a fantastic view of the main floor and I was only the 2nd space in from the stairs, and as you can see, I had a nice window that looked out over the outside tented area.  It was a quaint little spot for my home for the day.
Bunches of aprons found new homes and although I didn't sell many of my plush items, I handed out lots of cards to people wanting custom orders.  Overall, I'd say Stitch Rock was a success!
I met a bunch of new crafty friends and hope to put up some posts soon sharing some of their cool work,  it is on the "to-do" list... hopefully soon....

oh, and by the way, if you have or know of anyone with pictures from the fashion show, I'd love to see them, please let me know.  I had a dress in the show that I missed because it was right at the beginning and I was busy talking.

No comments: